For those going through a hard time. Who are finding it hard to sleep, whether that is falling asleep or staying asleep. To the night owls and early risers. Here are some positive thoughts for bedtime. To help us all to find peace and good dreams.
- “Today is done, what’s done is done. Embrace your dreams, through the night. Tomorrow comes with a whole new light.” – Unknown
- “Before you wrap up and go to bed. Forget those who make you angry. Remember those who make you smile, to go to bed with a smile.” – Unknown
- “I followed my heart and it led me to bed.” – Unknown
- “Too often the only escape is sleep.” – Charles Bukowski
- “Let the stars light the way to where your dreams can be found awaiting your arrival.” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.” – Anthony Burgees
- “… 4am knows all my secrets.” – Poppy Z. Brite
- I survived
- The day is over
- Tomorrow is a new day
- Sweet dreams, and sleep tight
- Nighttime is my time to heal
- I’m proud of myself
- I accomplished enough today
- My mind is peaceful
- I release all the stress from today
- I’m proud of my efforts
- I release today
- I am safe and secure
- Sleep will bring peace and good dreams
- To turn off electronics (blue light) two hours before bed
- Find time to breathe, relax, clear your mind – with tea, warm milk or relaxing (caffeine free) drink of choice
- Try reading, colouring, painting or other relaxing hobby for those two hours before bed
- Take the time to thoroughly brush your teeth, do a moisturizing routine, wash your face etc.
- Prepare for bedtime in the morning. Have your bed made – comfy and ready to jump into at the end of the day
- Wear comfy clean pajamas, comfy socks and turn the temperature down in the bedroom
- Clear your mind of negative thoughts. Keep only the positive when curling into bed. Write it in a journal, chant it out loud, write it on a piece of paper and slip it under your pillow.
At the end of a long day self care is the most important thing to plan for. Whether that’s reading a book with tea to wind down. Taking a long relaxing bath. Or remembering to keep thinking positive thoughts before bedtime. Often, the feelings we go to bed with continue into the morning. Hence, never going to bed angry. It’ not just for a healthy relationship, but for a healthy life too! When things get down, don’t let it follow you through the night, into the next morning. Put the work in to make the next day a fresh start.
1 throught on "Positive Thoughts for Bedtime"